This is an easy recipe that serves 8. Three basic ingredients and some flavoring. Share. Don’t eat it all yourself! You know who I’m talkin’ to.
It is like a big shortbread cookie, but the almonds make it Italian.
- Heat the oven to 350. Butter a 10” tart pan with removable bottom or a regular 9” pie pan.
- Melt 2 sticks of unsalted butter (1 cup) and allow to cool.
- Coarsely grind one cup of unblanched, whole almonds; set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl. whisk together: 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Stir in the almonds.
- Stir 2 tsp. real vanilla extract into the melted butter and stir that mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Stir until butter and flour mixtures are evenly combined.
- Put 3/4 of the mixture into the prepared pan and press lightly with fingers.
- Scatter remaining crumbs over this. Do not press.
- Bake 25 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool before slicing into wedges.
A cup of tea and a wedge of this…Heaven!