Skip to main content

Shout Out to Bloggers


Cute little weed, common centaury



 Reading blogs provides food for thought, new knowldge, or a chuckle to my day. I guess blogs have replaced the old daily newspaper as reading to go with morning coffee.

Today I learned from Gigi in Hawaii that my home state of Vermont does not require a degree from law school -- one needs only pass the Bar Exam. Certainly the exam is not a walk in the park and even law school graduates don't always pass it, but I had assumed a law school degree would be a prerequisite.

Only recently I heard that Kim Kardashian passed the Bar in California so I learned that CA did not require a formal law education, but I didn't realize it was the same case for VT. See, live and learn. And Gigi's blog is often very educational. She does the research!

I took one of those career aptitude tests in college. I had pretty close to zero aptitude for a law career. Fortunately, I never had my heart set on becoming a lawyer.

Jenn in Canada is a fount of information on north country wildlife -- tick to bears, all pass though her country setting and she she captures so much of it on photos and videos. This morning we were treated to a hummingbird in her tiger lilies. I spent an entire summer determined to capture a hummer with my camera but I managed to scare it away every time.

Miss Patti down in Arkansas wrote about computer glitches (trigger words for me!) She said she got lucky, but this is not the first time she has shared some technological or mechanic problem that some how magically resolved itself. I suspect she has witches gifted with true magik abilities in her family tree!

When I turned my computer on this morning a sign into your Apple account keep popping up. I had no interest in signing into my iCloud and my computer is a PC. It kept right on popping up after every hit on cancel so I finally put in my Apple ID and the password, which is never right even though I change it and save it and write it down every. single. time. To change it, I use the exact same password with the next consecutive number at the end. And of course I had to find my iphone and enter passwords and codes and sacrifice a goat but I got it done. No idea what it was about but it stopped the pop ups . . . for now.

My responese to Patti:

I believe that a benefits/cost (in terms of the aggravation) analysis would certainly reveal that all the technology has actually added negative value to my life.

So, for what they are worth, my thoughts for this morning. Happy blogging.

Comments

  1. I thought it was horrible when I learned that several states are waiving requirements for an degree in Education for teachers...and then I learned my own province allows exemptions to educational requirements for teachers in private schools. I'm not sure I'd want a lawyer without education either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Kim was smart enough to pass the bar shocked me. Thanks for the shout out. I may have some handy spirits helping me cause I'm pretty certain it wasn't my smarts. I still think, for me, technology has been a positive. Sorry you have felt the negative total.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wrestling with some technology problem this morning but I worked around it and now had to think hard on what it was. A little challenge now and then is good, but darn, when you want something to work, you want it to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, enjoy reading blogs with my morning coffee. It is interesting to see different opinions on subject or useful info and tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a mind for neither law nor computers. But I agree, as you've pointed out, we learn a lot from blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that about the CA bar. Years ago a Univ. near me dumped my program for which there is a shortage and need for such professionals (Speech-Language Pathology) so they could afford to start a law program. Law degree program is still going strong though surely we have enough lawyers if even Kim is one. I do know one woman who was a real estate agent who completed the law program, practiced some for a short time. The next thing I knew she expected to become a judge but terminal cancer intruded before that occurred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my first degree and career was as a speech/language pathologist! I went on to get a post graduate degree in special education and finished out my career as a special educator. The speech/language background was extremely valuable though.

      Delete
    2. I went back to Univ. mid-life for post-grad with my undergrad Speech-Engiish B.A. to get required Master's to be SLP. Also completed certification to become itinerant in schools; special grad. certification in reading, math., eng.; additional certification to work with children who had severely disordered language. Ironically, I evolved almost from the beginning after licensing and getting my C's into the medical field working mostly in hospitals, CCC'c, LTC primarily with adults. Interesting how our lives change.

      Delete
    3. I meant to add ... my best friend here who also during her mid-life became an SLP when I did, came from a special ed teaching career. She said her background in special ed was extremely valuable and I could see that in our classes together where so much was totally new to me.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the plug, much appreciated! As for Kim, I read that she took online law courses at a law school, don't remember the name of it. Don't know if she graduated. She may be a smart lawyer, but I don't like her taste in men. Ugh! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sacrifice a goat! I laughed out load.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've learnt a great deal from other bloggers and especially from Arkansas Patti, she always makes me smile too. That's an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

 On September 29, I had the closing on my condo. Everything that was not going to the buyers was out and packed in the ABF moving truck which had by the been taken over to the storage units. Don thought it would take him until Wednesday to finish packing the truck with the help of his son. It took him until late Thursday with Chris' help and mine. Kevin was supposed to help load as well but he was in a mountain bike accident and wrecked his shoulder the week before. That added driving him to doctor appointments to my to do list and dong some shopping for him plus jobs around the house that might need two functioning upper limbs.  We stayed with Kevin on Friday night after the closing and then had a suite in an extended stay place for the coming week. This was the worst possible time to have to get a room because the prices balloon during leaf peeping season if you can even find a room at all. But it was close to the storage units where we were working and it was dog friendly. We ju

Wedding

 Don and I drove to South Carolina to attend the wedding of my step-grandson, Will. Will Will and Katie The wedding took place on Dataw Island, a beautiful outdoor ceremony followed by a reception in the country club. We stayed in a tiny cottage in the historic center of Beaufort, rented from Vrbo. Since the wedding was at 5 p.m., we had time to explore the area a bit. I really like the low country scenery and historical charm. Sitting quietly in the curtained gazebo I was visited by multiple cardinals. They came to visit the feeder, not me, but I can always pretend! How I will always remember Will!

Rest In Peace

 In a summer that has been so wet, Sunday was a reprieve. The humidity dropped and the sun came out. It was a day that could have been special ordered by the family of a friend's husband. It was the day they had arranged his celebration of life ceremony set on the shore of Lake Champlain. I was not looking forward to the gathering, even couched as a celebration. This is a family fraught with relationship tensions. It turned out to be a beautiful day and a beautiful ceremony. A Catholic priest gave a brief but meaningful homily and two Air Force members played "Taps" and presented the American flag to my friend. I am not a Christian, but I do know about Christ Consciousness. That priest's word's filled me with such a sense of peace and love. I hope it did the same for the family members and neighbors who attended.