Skip to main content

Bikes and Baseball

I had more grandson time this weekend.
Friday night was spent on the bike path along the Lake Champlain waterfront. There was a music festival going on in the park so it was crowded with tourists and townies. A minor miracle was finding parking when a truck pulled out of a space right next to the bike path as I turned into the lot by the skate park -- no time wasted so the fun could begin.

Saturday was a picture perfect July day. We headed out for the Burlington Farmers' Market. The market moved from downtown this year. The venue is much larger but also out in the blazing sun. Lots of people do not like the change but personally I was quite glad not to be stepping on someone's dog every time I turned around. Dane took advantage of a great variety of peppers -- sweet to hot.

BFM_flyer_5x7_FINAL_030819.jpg

We used some of the fresh vegetables to make a pizza supper.

He was wanting to see the Lake Monsters Baseball game on Saturday night. The theme was Star Wars. (Not Star Trek. Trust me, don't make that mistake.) And there were fireworks after the end of the game. The Brooklyn Cyclones bested the Monsters, 5 to 1, but it was a fun game all the same.

Image result for Lake Monster ChampChamp, the mascot.

Yankees did not fare much better at all over the weekend.  Yankee fan Don went to Boston with his Red Sox fan son.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a fun time. I am definately a Trekkie and would never confuse the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olga We do not speak of the weekend games with boston in our home. OMG did you hear me yelling at my TV from Virginia?
    Your time with your grandson sounds perfect. Do you know I am the only person in the world who has never seen a Star Wars Movie? I am quite proud of that badge, I must admit. I also love it when it makes peoples heads explode as though I am missing something. It amuses me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot of fun! Your grandson is a lucky boy. As for Star Trek/Star Wars I' haven't a clue so hopefully my grandson doesn't grow up to care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounded fun for both grandson and ma.I was a Trekkie and only saw one Star Wars flick but know there is a big difference in the fan base.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should try making pizza, too. Sounds like you had a great time with Dane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad the Lake Monsters lost, but it doesn't sound like it affected the fun of the game. In any confrontation between Captain Kirk and Obi Wan Kenobi my money is on Obi. He has the Force after all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I miss the days when my now 20 yo Grandson spent so much of his free time with me. I love my Grand Girls but little boys are a different kind of special.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

 On September 29, I had the closing on my condo. Everything that was not going to the buyers was out and packed in the ABF moving truck which had by the been taken over to the storage units. Don thought it would take him until Wednesday to finish packing the truck with the help of his son. It took him until late Thursday with Chris' help and mine. Kevin was supposed to help load as well but he was in a mountain bike accident and wrecked his shoulder the week before. That added driving him to doctor appointments to my to do list and dong some shopping for him plus jobs around the house that might need two functioning upper limbs.  We stayed with Kevin on Friday night after the closing and then had a suite in an extended stay place for the coming week. This was the worst possible time to have to get a room because the prices balloon during leaf peeping season if you can even find a room at all. But it was close to the storage units where we were working and it was dog friendly. We ju

Wedding

 Don and I drove to South Carolina to attend the wedding of my step-grandson, Will. Will Will and Katie The wedding took place on Dataw Island, a beautiful outdoor ceremony followed by a reception in the country club. We stayed in a tiny cottage in the historic center of Beaufort, rented from Vrbo. Since the wedding was at 5 p.m., we had time to explore the area a bit. I really like the low country scenery and historical charm. Sitting quietly in the curtained gazebo I was visited by multiple cardinals. They came to visit the feeder, not me, but I can always pretend! How I will always remember Will!

Rest In Peace

 In a summer that has been so wet, Sunday was a reprieve. The humidity dropped and the sun came out. It was a day that could have been special ordered by the family of a friend's husband. It was the day they had arranged his celebration of life ceremony set on the shore of Lake Champlain. I was not looking forward to the gathering, even couched as a celebration. This is a family fraught with relationship tensions. It turned out to be a beautiful day and a beautiful ceremony. A Catholic priest gave a brief but meaningful homily and two Air Force members played "Taps" and presented the American flag to my friend. I am not a Christian, but I do know about Christ Consciousness. That priest's word's filled me with such a sense of peace and love. I hope it did the same for the family members and neighbors who attended.