I got the gardens cleaned up for the winter yesterday.
Today it was windy, but it was warm for November. I decided to mow the lawn for the last time as the warm is not likely to last through the weekend. I fired it up but when I lowered the mowing deck, I discovered that the blades were not cutting. Just another thing going wrong, getting broken. Oh so annoying!
I remembered that when Mike's son was here this summer and went to mow the lawn for me, he said the belt had slipped. Well, I turned off the motor and looked underneath. Sure enough the belt was flopping loose. Here's the good part--I fixed it myself! I got the lawn mowed.
And it doesn't stop there. When I put the tractor back in the garage, I changed the oil and the oil filter. That is a first. I was quite proud of myself even though it is a messy job.
My roll ended when I tried to disconnect the battery so I could take that out for the winter. I could not budge the bolts on that. I will have to start doing some bicep curls to up the arm strength. If I am not able to do it when I try tomorrow, I will ask my neighbor for some help this weekend.