Sunday, April 28, 2013

Shirt for Grand Son

Last week when I was visiting my daughter and grand kids, we saw a Minecraft ® shirt in JC Penney's. 

It's a computer game that my grand son is currently into.  From what I can tell it is much like building something out of Lego® blocks except in the virtual world.  I am not really sure what is wrong with actual Legos, but I suppose that just shows my age.

So the little man really, really, really wanted the shirt.  The problem was it was a men's size medium and way too big for a six-year-old.  What is a grandmother to do?

Well, I got out a "print and iron" cotton sheet and took a picture off Google Images to make him a shirt.  I am probably going to go to jail for violating trade and copyright laws, but it made him very happy.

8 comments:

  1. Well yo don't have to admit it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you could do that. I'll never tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandson eats, lives and breathes Minecraft. I don't think I've ever known of such an addictive game among the kids. Love the shirt trick. You're a good grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandsons love Minecraft, too, and Minecraft shirts were on their Christmas lists. We found only one shirt in the stores, and I wasn't smart enough to improvise like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought copyright laws only held if you were selling the shirt. Shows how much I know!
    Peace,
    Muff

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a very good grandma. That's all that counts in my book, trademarked or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a wonderful Grandma and I bet that shirt earned you lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That was really creative and I know your grandson is so happy he has you for his grandma. I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.