Friday, February 12, 2010

What a dark and gloomy day we have today. It's been pouring and we've needed the lights and the heat on most of the afternoon. We spent a lot of time reading. I even made a loaf of oat bread. It's not ready yet, but I am enjoying the aroma while I finished a cup of tea and my new favorite cookie--"digestive biscuits"(I know. Boring)--and now start a little computer time. Today would have been a good day to visit the aquarium in Sarasota, but we somehow just could not work up enough energy to make a dash out to the car. Instead I'm going to take a cruise to some of the recipe sites and plan a Valentine's Day meal for my sweetums.
This looks to be a major foody weekend around here so I do hope the weather is a bit nicer tomorrow. There is a Polish food sale on Saturday, a Jewish food festival on Sunday, and an Italian festival running all weekend. I could do some damage...better stock up on those digestive biscuits...find them on the tiny British shelf in the Cuisines of the World aisle at the Publix.

2 comments:

  1. My brother is RVing around LaBelle and has been a bit miffed about this year's Florida weather.
    I went to school in Sarasota, it is a lovely town. Lots of indoor things to do.
    Hang in, the sun will shine. Careful with all those festivals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I lived in the UK I really LOVED digestives cookies!!! mmmmm

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.