Monday, November 23, 2009

Baking II

The process of baking is a way I feed my soul. Unfortunately, afterwards I feel compelled to feed my appetite as well and partake of that which I have made. This is not such a good thing.

In September, my doctor told me to lose ten pounds. So far I have just bounced up and down one or two pounds either way and not made a real serious effort. The stretch of time between Thanksgiving and New Year's--not the most auspicious time for dieting, is it. But then, I still have ten months before I go back for another physical.


The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up. ~Author Unknown
Yummy. Stuff it in there. (Representation of my inner child who has no ability nor inclination to delay gratification)

2 comments:

  1. This is a brutal time of year for all of us with pounds to shed. Good luck to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw my doctor on Monday and while she didn't tell me to lose weight (she knew that was a losing proposition) she did mention the weight gain. I am disgusted with myself, but so far, not so much that I plant to do anything about it. I have no ability to delay or forgo gratification either.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.