Skip to main content

The Tree Guys

 The HOA hired a tree company to clear out the dead trees behind the condos.



There were a lot of dead trees

 and brush grown up around them.

They got right to work on Tuesday morning.



View from my deck



There was a lot of machinery and a lot of activity all day. I was amazed at how fast they could whiz around with the machinery. It did kind of look like prehistoric dinasaurs gobbling up the vegetation.

In the evening there was one very confused looking squirrel running back and forth. I hadn't seen a squirrel in the back before but he must have had a nest and store of winter nuts in one of the dead trees.
He looked pretty frantic. 

By Wednesday early afternoon the work was done. I am not sure if the plan is for expanded lawn or if new trees will be planted. I am also not sure that the view has been all that improved during the day, but we do see an expanded sunset and a much better view of the night sky.





I will say the work crew did their job very well though. They knew what they were doing and seemed to do the work with quite a professional attitude.


I live in the very last residential neighborhood at the very edge of town. Above is the west view of my Westview address. There is traffic noise and a train that goes through a mile down the road during the night. I am three miles from the airport and the air national guard. With so many trees gone I wonder if I will still wake up to the sound of cardinals greeting the day. This morning it was the whooshing puffs of an air balloon going overhead.

The other three directions have views that would make one think I live way out in the country with an occasional hot air balloon drifting by.




Comments

  1. Feeling a bit sorry for your squirrels and cardinals. Hope those trees and shrubs weren't a noise barrier but at least fire danger is gone.
    Glad you still have 3 sided country views and the occasional hot air balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dead trees are great food for many animals. And new trees being replanted will help save the earth, but I know I am whistling against the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, like Tabor, I wonder if this is an improvement. I guess the dead trees are a fire danger, but to many creatures just lost habitat and the view, well, that's a matter of taste, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, that was a pretty serious tree trimming. I'll be curious to hear if the view/sounds from outside are improved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice to have professional tree trimmers who know what they are doing. Good job in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they replant with trees. I'm sure the squirrel will find a new nest, but hopefully it isn't the attic of someone's condo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That was a lot of work. I'm sure those squirrels will find a new home quickly too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

 On September 29, I had the closing on my condo. Everything that was not going to the buyers was out and packed in the ABF moving truck which had by the been taken over to the storage units. Don thought it would take him until Wednesday to finish packing the truck with the help of his son. It took him until late Thursday with Chris' help and mine. Kevin was supposed to help load as well but he was in a mountain bike accident and wrecked his shoulder the week before. That added driving him to doctor appointments to my to do list and dong some shopping for him plus jobs around the house that might need two functioning upper limbs.  We stayed with Kevin on Friday night after the closing and then had a suite in an extended stay place for the coming week. This was the worst possible time to have to get a room because the prices balloon during leaf peeping season if you can even find a room at all. But it was close to the storage units where we were working and it was dog friendly. We ju

Wedding

 Don and I drove to South Carolina to attend the wedding of my step-grandson, Will. Will Will and Katie The wedding took place on Dataw Island, a beautiful outdoor ceremony followed by a reception in the country club. We stayed in a tiny cottage in the historic center of Beaufort, rented from Vrbo. Since the wedding was at 5 p.m., we had time to explore the area a bit. I really like the low country scenery and historical charm. Sitting quietly in the curtained gazebo I was visited by multiple cardinals. They came to visit the feeder, not me, but I can always pretend! How I will always remember Will!

Rest In Peace

 In a summer that has been so wet, Sunday was a reprieve. The humidity dropped and the sun came out. It was a day that could have been special ordered by the family of a friend's husband. It was the day they had arranged his celebration of life ceremony set on the shore of Lake Champlain. I was not looking forward to the gathering, even couched as a celebration. This is a family fraught with relationship tensions. It turned out to be a beautiful day and a beautiful ceremony. A Catholic priest gave a brief but meaningful homily and two Air Force members played "Taps" and presented the American flag to my friend. I am not a Christian, but I do know about Christ Consciousness. That priest's word's filled me with such a sense of peace and love. I hope it did the same for the family members and neighbors who attended.