Skip to main content

Super Bowl Sunday

Can it be?  Here again?  The Super Bowl -- the Steelers, the Packers -- makes no difference to me.  I have my knitting project and I have plenty to read.  Mike will have the television on, but not tuned to football at all.  He will just be interested to watch the commercials on line tomorrow. 
We didn't even go to the grocery store for beer and lots of salty, orange snack foods.  We have not called for a pizza delivery.  Gee, we sound totally un-American. 
Maybe we should turn out all the lights and go to bed early.  Let the neighbors think we are out at a Super Bowl party rather than letting them get a glimpse of PBS flashing through the front window.
Well, if forced to pick a team, I'd go with the Steelers since I was born in Pennsylvania and I am trying for that vegetarian-inclined lifestyle.

Comments

  1. Years ago I learned from Husband to refer to the whole rigmarole as the Stupid Bowl.
    There are some people with whom I would not dare share that information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The New Yorker Magazine had a major article on the tremendous short term and more significant long term injuries of the brain that occur as the result of this popular contact sport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to bed at 7:30 after watching the first half of the first quarter. I am sad that I missed most of the commercials but will catch up with them today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched it all even though my team, the Dolphins, haven't been to one in decades.
    Thought the game good, the commercials ho hum.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.

Popular posts from this blog

It's TIme

 It's been a while since I have posted anything and even my reading your posts is falling by the wayside. I am in Florida now. I have a yard where little attention was spent on landscaping for the past years so I am slowly and (somewhat) methodically addressing that. I also volunteer to work at the pollinator garden and the edible garden I helped install at the UU grounds and I took over the volunteer job of cleaning out the overgrown community garden by my neighborhood mailboxes. The neighbor who was doing that got sick and could no longer attend to it. It's a bigger job than I'd thought at first -- not only overgrown with weeds, but the plants that are wanted there are in life and death competition for each others' spaces. And two walks a day, morning and evening, so Levi can keep up with addiction to canine social media and a daily rousing came of stick or ball midday take up another chunk of my time. I have a weekly meditation group that I co-facilitate, and my own ...

Life Goes On

There is nothing like a visit from the grand children to remind one that life goes on.  I spent Friday night at my daughter's and then brought the kids back home with me.  I did not get to see so much of them this past summer and it was a birthday gift to my daughter (who just turned 40!) to have a couple of days to herself. She probably spent them in her son's room playing Lego StarWars.  Dane tried to teach me how to play this video game--a hopeless task if ever there was one.  "Concentrate, Grandma!  You have to concentrate!"  I do have a hard time with sustained concentration lately, but in this case I had no clue what it was that needed concentration.  He finally took the controls away from me (thank-you!). It's amazing how long he can amuse himself at my house being out side on a scooter or helping me in the yard, especially if it involves a hose.  Inside, they both sit and draw or craft for hours.  Just before bed, Dane did say, "N...

A Death in the Family

My brother-in-law, Mike's brother passed away on Saturday.  We will once again head off to Connecticut for the funeral.  Bill was a year younger than Mike.  The cancerous tumor they thought that they could remove turned out to be system wide cancer and he was to be released from the hospital to go into hospice.  The doctor's gave him six months to a year, but Bill, ever the practical one decided not to go through all that bother.  We are very sad.