Skip to main content

Orange Gingerbread Muffins

Ingredients
2 cups  biscuit and baking mix (such as Bisquick)
1/4 cup cinnamon sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2/3 cup skim milk
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray

1.   Combine baking mix, 3 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, and ginger in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk and next 3 ingredients, stirring well. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
2.   Spoon batter into muffin pans coated with cooking spray, filling one-half full; sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar over batter. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Remove from pans immediately.

From:  Cooking Light, JANUARY 1997

Gingerbread just says Christmas to me.  I made gingerbread people for the kids to decorate at the family gathering.  That reminded me of this recipe for gingerbread muffins.  I love a breakfast muffin with my coffee.  This is a good one for Christmas morning brunch.

A TIP TO PASS ALONG:  Martha says to spray the measuring cup before measuring the molasses.  I have not tried this yet, but Martha wouldn't lead us astray.

Comments

  1. Orange and gingerbread?? What could be better.
    Will definitely try this. And yes, I trust Martha completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems lie a yummy and simple to make treat. The house will smell great too. I shall try this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.

Popular posts from this blog

It's TIme

 It's been a while since I have posted anything and even my reading your posts is falling by the wayside. I am in Florida now. I have a yard where little attention was spent on landscaping for the past years so I am slowly and (somewhat) methodically addressing that. I also volunteer to work at the pollinator garden and the edible garden I helped install at the UU grounds and I took over the volunteer job of cleaning out the overgrown community garden by my neighborhood mailboxes. The neighbor who was doing that got sick and could no longer attend to it. It's a bigger job than I'd thought at first -- not only overgrown with weeds, but the plants that are wanted there are in life and death competition for each others' spaces. And two walks a day, morning and evening, so Levi can keep up with addiction to canine social media and a daily rousing came of stick or ball midday take up another chunk of my time. I have a weekly meditation group that I co-facilitate, and my own ...

Life Goes On

There is nothing like a visit from the grand children to remind one that life goes on.  I spent Friday night at my daughter's and then brought the kids back home with me.  I did not get to see so much of them this past summer and it was a birthday gift to my daughter (who just turned 40!) to have a couple of days to herself. She probably spent them in her son's room playing Lego StarWars.  Dane tried to teach me how to play this video game--a hopeless task if ever there was one.  "Concentrate, Grandma!  You have to concentrate!"  I do have a hard time with sustained concentration lately, but in this case I had no clue what it was that needed concentration.  He finally took the controls away from me (thank-you!). It's amazing how long he can amuse himself at my house being out side on a scooter or helping me in the yard, especially if it involves a hose.  Inside, they both sit and draw or craft for hours.  Just before bed, Dane did say, "N...

A Death in the Family

My brother-in-law, Mike's brother passed away on Saturday.  We will once again head off to Connecticut for the funeral.  Bill was a year younger than Mike.  The cancerous tumor they thought that they could remove turned out to be system wide cancer and he was to be released from the hospital to go into hospice.  The doctor's gave him six months to a year, but Bill, ever the practical one decided not to go through all that bother.  We are very sad.