Skip to main content

Lunch and Shopping


I ventured out today to pick up the wreaths and swags that had been blown over the yard yesterday. About a third of our neighbor's willow tree is scattered over our yard as well. It's kind of a mess, but at least we had power yesterday.

Then I took off to finish up some Christmas shopping. I'm pretty much done shopping and now need to get wrapping. I didn't have much money to spend this year so fancy wrapping is out--not very green, anyway.

In the midst of my shopping, I stopped and had lunch with my son after picking him up at his work. We went to a favorite place of ours--The Four Corners of the Earth Cafe. They have delicious sandwiches with a worldly cachet and the decor is captivating. I had the Russian salmon and Kevin, who is working his way through the entire menu so tries something different each time, had Danish egg.

I had a couple of things to pick up at Macy's. When I went into the mall from the parking garage, there was a young guy standing in front of a kiosk flying a little remote control helicopter. That seems like a pretty good gig for a seasonal job, but I guess it could be a lot of standing on your feet. The helicopter was cute, but not on my list.

It was good to get out of the house even though we were really only shut in for one day.

Comments

  1. So glad your storm left you with power. A lot of people weren't so lucky. How awful.
    That helicopter sounds neat. Wish I had a young'un old enough for one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.

Popular posts from this blog

It's TIme

 It's been a while since I have posted anything and even my reading your posts is falling by the wayside. I am in Florida now. I have a yard where little attention was spent on landscaping for the past years so I am slowly and (somewhat) methodically addressing that. I also volunteer to work at the pollinator garden and the edible garden I helped install at the UU grounds and I took over the volunteer job of cleaning out the overgrown community garden by my neighborhood mailboxes. The neighbor who was doing that got sick and could no longer attend to it. It's a bigger job than I'd thought at first -- not only overgrown with weeds, but the plants that are wanted there are in life and death competition for each others' spaces. And two walks a day, morning and evening, so Levi can keep up with addiction to canine social media and a daily rousing came of stick or ball midday take up another chunk of my time. I have a weekly meditation group that I co-facilitate, and my own ...

Life Goes On

There is nothing like a visit from the grand children to remind one that life goes on.  I spent Friday night at my daughter's and then brought the kids back home with me.  I did not get to see so much of them this past summer and it was a birthday gift to my daughter (who just turned 40!) to have a couple of days to herself. She probably spent them in her son's room playing Lego StarWars.  Dane tried to teach me how to play this video game--a hopeless task if ever there was one.  "Concentrate, Grandma!  You have to concentrate!"  I do have a hard time with sustained concentration lately, but in this case I had no clue what it was that needed concentration.  He finally took the controls away from me (thank-you!). It's amazing how long he can amuse himself at my house being out side on a scooter or helping me in the yard, especially if it involves a hose.  Inside, they both sit and draw or craft for hours.  Just before bed, Dane did say, "N...

Morning Coffee

As a rule, I drink two cups of coffee in the morning. Gone are the days when I drank coffee all day and even had a cup after dinner--and never decaf.  When I was a working mom, the sleep deprivation made it kind of necessary in order to function.  These days, if I had a cup of coffee after lunch, I would be awake all night. But I do like my morning coffee.  Now I mix regular and decaf.  I can't quite seem to kick caffeine entirely. Wednesday morning there was no milk, no white stuff of any kind.  Thursday morning my sone left a note on the coffee maker--carafe was cracked.  Desperate times! I was not able to find a replacement carafe.  At least I was not able to dedicate my entire day to finding one.  So I bought a Mr. Coffee--a little five cup one for around 15 dollars.  I was thinking that I never drink more than two cups so why not. What I forgot about is that the manufacturers of coffee makers definition of a cup is, at best, ha...