Sometimes I just have to satisfy my sweet tooth, so here is what I do with that old recipe:
NO-Bake Chocolate Nut Cookies
In a heavy sauce pan, combine:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (butter works too, but I am all about the trendy stuff)
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup agave (or up to a cup of white sugar, altho' not trendy at all)
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
Bring to a rapid boil and boil for 1 minute.
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup combination of chopped nuts, raw coconut chips. oats, and seeds (chia, sesame, pumpkin, etc.)
This is not an exact science; just throw in a combination of what you have or what you like.
Scoop 1 Tablespoon rounds onto parchment paper and cool for 30 minutes.
Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you eat them all.
I halved the original recipe and added all the nuts and seeds.