Friday, May 6, 2016

Dinner Guests and Wine

I cooked dinner for my friends Annamarie and Ken.  It was a most pleasant evening.

Le menu:

Appetizers: cheese and crackers, artichoke bruschetta on French bread
Salad: tomato and avocado on Bibb lettuce with homemade citrus dressing
Main: crab stuffed founder rolls with bread crumb topping, roasted sweet potato, and sugar snap peas.
Dessert: lemon sorbet with raspberries and blueberries


I bought a nice bottle of Pouilly-Fuisse because that is what I like with a fish dish, but I knew my guests prefer red wine.  The young man at the wine shop was very helpful.  He recommended a pinot noir, specifically one from Portland Wine Project--the Willamette Valley "being renowned for their pinot wines." It was excellent.

The dinner stretched out for five hours.  I am taking that as a sign that it was all a success.
They are so adorable.

15 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, I bet that dinner was good. have a good trip back to VT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Oregon wines are very good. Glad to see you chose one. I love visiting the wineries with tasting rooms and enjoy driving through wine country. Sounds like a wonderful even to look back on once you're back in Vermont.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 5 hour dinner, wonderful, it and the company must have been very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful night. Doesn't matter what you serve when good friends are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hum, a 5 hour dinner sounds really laid back and pleasant. You are a hostess with the mostest. Sure sign that you have met and become attached to some lovely folks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a great menu. A home cooked meal like that is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful evening. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a wonderful menu! No wonder your guests lingered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a terrific evening with a couple of good friends, good wine, and great food!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time with good friends is priceless -- and a most inviting menu, so the food would accentuate the evening. Wishing you a good trip to VT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will admit...this blog post made me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a talented cook! Five hours is a definite sign of success!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would glad dine with you anytime!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.