Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Whimsy

After I dropped my sister-in-law off at the Sarasota airport last week, I made a stop at the Marietta Museum of Art and Whimsy.  It is just around the corner from the airport.
one of the gates

 a potting shed

musical cricket

glass flowers

plantings in a tub

alligator sculpted from tools

ballerina

bench


 rocking chair for a fisherperson

hat and umbrella stand

table

One of my Vermont friends and neighbors is a whimsical artist so I am hoping she will enjoy these pictures and the many others I took.

11 comments:

  1. This is great! I am dragging out an old bathtub in our junk pile and planting in it before the summer is out. Was that one regular size or just a small replica? At one time we had a flower bed that was planted in a real bed frame. It was our youngest granddaughter's favorite garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there . . . some great stuff. And your photos capture some of the best things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling place to visit!! Whimsy? Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place! Thank you for sharing it with all of us! I would love to go there and wander.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot of creative thinking in that area. I love it when people make something neat out of a throwaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! There is a museum for everything. Neat stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really interesting and unique items. I especially love the glass flowers and the musical cricket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love whimsey and these photos are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely! I'm looking forward to our thaw and summer festivals!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think going to a museum is always a feast for the senses and adds to our repertoire of ideas. I love the items you selected to share.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.