So, it is almost over. We managed to avoid the end of the world on December 21st although, I guess the fiscal cliff still looms. Oh, but now they are calling it more like a fiscal slope so that’s all right then.
There will not be a phenomenon such as 12-12-12 in the rest of my lifetime. Oh, well, I took very little note of those dates anyway. I am sure it would be handy to have your wedding date, or your birth date, or even your twelfth anniversary on that day. Imagine the righteous indignation you could muster: What?!? You forgot our anniversary?!? Unlucky for me, though, because I am the one who always forgets those sentimental dates.
According to a numerology article I read in an area magazine—the Sarasota area is tres new agey—the coming year will be a financially beneficial year for me (hence my refusal to worry about the financial cliff). I hope so, as 2012 was not a banner year on the money front. Still, we never once went without a meal unless we wanted to—usually because we had too much at the last one. Also, we were able to complete the furnishing of our Florida home. I have nothing to complain about and every reason to be grateful. And I am.
I have made a couple of resolutions, but mostly I am concentrating on my hopes for a better world ushered in with the new year:
- a world where people (including those On the Hill) work together with civility,
- a world where children go to bed at night feeling safe and well-fed,
- a world where women do not lie near death after being brutally raped and beaten,
- a world where weapons are turned into ploughshares and we study war no more (something like that),
- a world where peace is found in every home in every land.
Happy New Year