Skip to main content

Birthday Present

 

Mike and I have difficulty getting each other gifts.  Actually, he is completely impossible to buy a gift for.  I don’t think I am all that hard, but I do have to admit that for both of us this is true: if we want it we already have it.

Every once in a while, though, Mike really scores with a present and that makes him very happy.  I guess he was thinking he made such a score this year for my birthdayBirthday cake(Flag Day).

I also guess I ruined his surprise and his happiness.

I went shopping Tuesday afternoon and came home with a wireless mouse for my new computer and a flowered mouse pad.  They were purple.  I was in Staples to get some Avery labels and I saw them, had to have them.

When I came home, I showed them to Mike,quite pleased with my new acquisitions, actually.  He scowled and stomped down stairs to his office.  Some times he is just in a bad mood.  I didn’t really think too much of it, but in a minute he was back upstairs thrusting a packaged wireless mouse and a mouse pad at me.  “Happy Birthday!” he said.

Okay.  At that moment I had two identical mouse pads and two—not identical—but purple—wireless mice.  He was kind of mad because he thought he had gotten me a good gift and I beat him to it.

Well, he did give me a perfect gift.  It’s the thought that counts, right?  It shows that he knew what I would want and he knows my taste.  So what more can I ask for?

 

 

mouse 001

Comments

  1. Uh-oh.
    Y'gonna keep all of those things, or return the ones you bought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very of sweet of Art. Obviously, he is able to really know what you would like. Rule #1 - Don't buy yourself anything until after your birthday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor Mike. But at least it proves how well he knows you. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I hate those moments. Compliment him a lot on how well he knows what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I gave up on giving gifts to each other a long time ago for birthdays. We just go get what we want for ourselves and let it go with a card only. We are perfectly happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Retired English Teacher is right. Don't buy yourself anything right before your birthday unless the two of you buy it together. I can't blame your husband for being upset. I would be too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He obviously knows you quite well. Next year, put yourself on a buying break prior to your birthday so you can't one up him.
    This year just be content that it is never a bad thing to have a spare.
    Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't let those mice multiply!! You have enough problems with two. I guess you will have to wait until after your birthday, to make any purchases from now on. Oh, by the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Olga....We are celebrating Flag Boy's birthday tonight! Hope you have a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Olga! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw I hate that happen but yet it proves he truly knows and loves you.
    Happy Birthday dear friend.
    I had forgotten your hubby worked in my field. Poor guy. lol
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

 On September 29, I had the closing on my condo. Everything that was not going to the buyers was out and packed in the ABF moving truck which had by the been taken over to the storage units. Don thought it would take him until Wednesday to finish packing the truck with the help of his son. It took him until late Thursday with Chris' help and mine. Kevin was supposed to help load as well but he was in a mountain bike accident and wrecked his shoulder the week before. That added driving him to doctor appointments to my to do list and dong some shopping for him plus jobs around the house that might need two functioning upper limbs.  We stayed with Kevin on Friday night after the closing and then had a suite in an extended stay place for the coming week. This was the worst possible time to have to get a room because the prices balloon during leaf peeping season if you can even find a room at all. But it was close to the storage units where we were working and it was dog friendly. We ju

Wedding

 Don and I drove to South Carolina to attend the wedding of my step-grandson, Will. Will Will and Katie The wedding took place on Dataw Island, a beautiful outdoor ceremony followed by a reception in the country club. We stayed in a tiny cottage in the historic center of Beaufort, rented from Vrbo. Since the wedding was at 5 p.m., we had time to explore the area a bit. I really like the low country scenery and historical charm. Sitting quietly in the curtained gazebo I was visited by multiple cardinals. They came to visit the feeder, not me, but I can always pretend! How I will always remember Will!

Rest In Peace

 In a summer that has been so wet, Sunday was a reprieve. The humidity dropped and the sun came out. It was a day that could have been special ordered by the family of a friend's husband. It was the day they had arranged his celebration of life ceremony set on the shore of Lake Champlain. I was not looking forward to the gathering, even couched as a celebration. This is a family fraught with relationship tensions. It turned out to be a beautiful day and a beautiful ceremony. A Catholic priest gave a brief but meaningful homily and two Air Force members played "Taps" and presented the American flag to my friend. I am not a Christian, but I do know about Christ Consciousness. That priest's word's filled me with such a sense of peace and love. I hope it did the same for the family members and neighbors who attended.