Saturday, April 21, 2012

Spring Walk, Part II

A moose has been known to visit this swamp...
but not today.

When I walk by myself I go pretty fast and I get a good amount of exercise.  When I walk with Mike, I go much more slowly, but I do see a whole lot more.   I walked with him and saw a beautiful purple trillium, but of course I did not have the camera with me.  I could not find it again when I went out with camera in hand.
 
Would you guess that this hill is a covered landfill?  The white pipe (If you scan really hard) is a vent.  There are many of them scattered over the area.

I am quite certain that fairies live here, but I did not see them today either.  A red squirrel was on guard duty and he told me to move along.

This area is now town recreation land, but it was once all part of a large working farm.  It's kind of funny that part of the land became the town landfill for a while because there are areas that were obviously a family based dumping area.  This mountain bike trail has been named the "Americana Trail."


The chrome still shines!

This tree grew right around the old bumper.


They just don't make them like this anymore.
 A view of my house (on the left)  from the edge of the woods.

6 comments:

  1. What a perfect setting to live in. Even though you are near a landfill and a former dump site!! Mother nature is reclaiming her land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice place to live. That's interesting about the dump and the vent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting history lesson. I love this kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your backyard is just beautiful! And you are surrounded by so much beautiful nature. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat looking house with a great view. I am like you, alone I walk quickly for exersise. With Mighty it is for him to squeeze his bladder on everything over 6 inches high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics. I would be more likely to walk if I lived in such a nice area. Walking in a subdivision just doesn't do it for me. I'd rather do my water aerobics.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.