Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Crafts

A felted sweater pinecone in a bowl of real pinecones.

This will be our Christmas tree for this year.

Angels for my angels.

Poinsettia--a package topper, instead of a bow.
These are some of the crafts I learned as part of the Betz White workshop.  I would make these things again, but not right now.  I'm taking a crafty things vacation.
It's only 4 p.m. but already dark.  I'm putting on my pajamas, making a cup of peppermint tea, and sitting down by my reading lamp with a book (The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver).  I'm taking a cooking things vacation, too--sandwiches for supper tonight only because I wouldn't get away with serving only toast.

3 comments:

  1. Boy, your crafts surely do look better than my crafts. I read The Lacuna and loved it! Part of the reason is that my mother spent some time in Mexico City about the same time as the setting for this book. A really good read. At least I thought so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your craft creations! Also love the fact you know when to take a break from it all. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like that tree. Perhaps my cat would leave one like that alone.
    I really hate the early darks also but they won't let me vote on time changes.
    Nice way to relax. Jammies,tea and a good book can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.