Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tis the season...take two

I went shopping yesterday--on line and in the stores.  Since I also make handmade gifts throughout the year, I am in good shape for the holidays.  I have to admit that I absolutely and completely love gift giving--except for people who are really, really hard (Mike).  I love thinking of an appropriate and kind of novel gift.  I love the hunt to find it or the effort to make it.  I love the wrapping and the presentation.  If I had unlimited funds and less of an aversion to crowds, I would go out shopping for random gifts every day.

Tomorrow, Kristen and Dane will open the first of their Advent gifts.  My son delivered them for me, for which i was most grateful.  These are really quite small things that I put together, but I so enjoy doing it and I think they look forward to each day's surprise.  Today I got a  thank-you card in the mail:  "Giving is just your style...and you do it so well!  Thanks for everything."  Kristen added: "thank you for the Daily December Presents (Advent baskets)"  It brought tears to my eyes..it does again just thinking about it.

I also bought myself a Christmas present--jeans that actually fit.  Since I have lost some weight without going shopping, my pants, especially, have a tendency to fall off.  Let's just say my body has not settled into an hourglass shape--more like a board with boobs.  I told Mike he could wrap them up and hand them to me on Christmas morning.  I have yet to see whether or not he will take me up on that offer, but he does complain that I am as hard to shop for I complain about him.  I guess that is the price of a good and satisfied life.  And there is a gift for which I am certainly grateful each day.

4 comments:

  1. I can't say that I share your pleasure over shopping. I seldom enjoy shopping other than yarn shopping.

    Congratulations on your weight loss but to heck with waiting until Christmas to wear those new jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a shopper either but I do love to make gifts for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eager givers are such a pleasure to watch in action. You sound like a very happy addict.
    Enjoy your season.
    I'm with Linda, get into those jeans now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A board with boobs: That made me laugh out loud. Better than a boulder with boobs!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.