Friday, April 23, 2010

Eat Your Vegetables

Mike left for an antique motorcycle meet in Pennsylvania. I took advantage of his absence to try a few vegetarian dishes. I made a multi grain salad with tomato and avocado and a cauliflower curry. Both were delicious and it made me wonder why I never went for being a vegetarian, at least part time, because I do like the tastes of vegetable-grain-bean combinations with lots of different spices. Then I remembered. It's the labor intensiveness--all that chopping, sauteing, soaking, rinsing, boiling, and then the resulting clean-up time. So instead of cutting the recipes in half or thirds, I might as well make the full amount and freeze. I mean, I enjoy cooking, but not a big production everyday. Freezing meals, now, that's a head slapper. Duh!

2 comments:

  1. Good idea, freezing. I do that now with meat dishes but haven't tried it with vegetarian foods. There is a free class here on vegetarian cooking and you have convinced me to give it a try.
    I have been such a carnavore for so long, I really need to make the switch. Thanks for the incentive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Patti, I think I'll hunt up a vegetarian class.

    Olga, all that preparation work and clean up is also my sticking point. I'm really lazy about eating. Just give me something I don't have to work hard to prepare.

    Let us know how freezing works out.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.