Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shoes, Two

Yesterday I watched the Oprah show. It was all about shoe and handbag makeovers--you know how the "right" shoes and bags can make you look ten years younger and ten pounds thinner. Apparently the "right" shoes always have high heels and pointy toes. Needless to say, I would be in dire need of a shoe makeover since I foolishly and unfashionably insist in being able to walk once I put my shoes on. I like shoes and I can't say I never put on heels, or even that I've never worn a sexy pair of stilettos, but generally I like walking and I prefer being pain free. Besides, sexy and fashionable are every bit as much "in the eye of the beholder" as beauty. I've seen pictures of Chinese women with their "lily feet" and somebody once thought that was the epitome of feminine beauty--but it sure wasn't pretty. I'll just stay unhobbled at this point in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Heels do flatter the leg but if your face is screwed up in pain, what is the gain. Comfort over fashion any day. Think my age is showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear what is comfortable for me not what fashion dictates. When I was twenty I thought differently...........

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.