I finished (and have worn) this silk blouse. The sleeves were a trial, but if one is on backwards, they both are on backwards--so I'm able to say they were meant to be that way. I also, for the first time, played around with adjusting the pattern to get a better fit, and that seems to have been successful. Mike, who never really comments one way or the other on what I may wear, said, "That looks like it was made for your body." I guess it's kind of hard to see that from a picture of a blouse hanging on a hanger though.
With the left over material, I made this simple top--the kind I've had about a hundred of over the years. It fits my body like a bag, but that's okay. I put some beading on it to give it just a little oomph.
I bought a bunch of new material today. I'm tired of making doll clothes. I'm ready to start making a few things for myself again. I bought material with patterns...really ready to step out of my comfort zone!