Thursday, September 24, 2009

Unakite Bracelet


I took a beading workshop last Thursday night at Bead Crazy (http://www.beadcrazyvt.com/) in Williston. I am not a big wearer of jewelry. In fact the good stuff that I have mostly lives in a safe because I'm so afraid of losing it--which is what happens to most of my jewelry. I almost always leave a pair of ear rings at some one's house when we go to Connecticut. My sister-in-law just sent me a pair she found while dusting the guest room. I hadn't even missed them, and they have been missing from my stash since last June. But some days the creative urge just comes over me and I want to make something and I do like ear rings and bracelets, even if i can't hang onto them real well. This is what I made at the class. The stone is called unakite. I will have to research whether or not it has any special significance. It did coordinate very nicely with the shirt I had on that night, which has to be worth something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.