Friday, July 3, 2009

Nothing's Easy Today

Maybe we are all just weary of the rain and clouds and more rain. Blame it on the infamous upper level low stalled over New England. My petunias, poor darlings, are actually rotting. Anyway, nothing turned out to be easy today. I started to clean the bath tub tiles in preparation for re-grouting a few spots. Well, the few spots grew to several spots and then a whole bunch of tiles caved in to reveal a soggy, crumbly sheet rock wall behind. Now it is a job beyond my capabilities so we will have to call in professional help. That was the big thing, but even sewing today felt more like time spent sweeping up snippets of thread and dropped pins and dust balls from the bobbin case. Then I baked cookies and felt like it was such a daunting task to wash up bowls and measuring utensils and cookie pans. So I guess I am in a bit of a grumpy mood. The cookies are good, though, and I am looking forward to a big glass of wine with pork chops and potatoes for supper--and a big cookie for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.