1 cup all purpose flour 1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 egg whites 1 pint whipping cream
1 cup sugar 2 cups berries
2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Combine the crumb crust ingredients. Spread in a 9x13" baking pan and bake ate 350 for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. It should be brown and crisp. Allow to cool.
- Beat egg whites, sugar, and lemon juice in a large bowl for 10 minutes on high speed--until light and fluffy.
- Whip the cream until stiff and then fold into egg white mixture.
- Fold in berries.
- Reserve 1/3 of the crumbs and spread the remaining over the bottom of the 9x13' pan, pressing lightly.
- Gently spoon on berry mixture.
- Top with the reserved crumbs and freeze, covered with foil and/or plastic wrap.
- Slice to serve.
I usually make this with blueberries, but other berries work well too. My friend Diane makes this with a combination of blueberries and strawberries to serve at her Fourth of July party--Red, white and blue!