Monday, October 8, 2012

More of the Botanical Gardens


DSCN2076

DSCN2079
I wish  had written down the name of this plant because, of course, I do not remember.

DSCN2081

So pretty…
DSCN2093

Not all the plants are friendly:DSCN2096
In fact, quite a few of them are down right mean looking.

DSCN2097
But these are the kind of plants I can actually grow—the kind that are full sun lovers, drought tolerant, do well in poor soil, and thrive on neglect.


DSCN2098
The canopy walk (above) is guarded by this fellow:
DSCN2100

6 comments:

  1. Colorful, delicate, and spiny - a bit of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gardens!! Don't be so hard on yourself. If you were at your southern house 24/7 you'd have some of those beautiful plants growing in your yard too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Gardens are gorgeous. I really love that 2nd plant and all of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second plant is very interesting. Thanks for the garden tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love public gardens. We have some lovely ones around here, and fall is a good time to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I bet its interesting to look at gardens so different from what you are used to up north.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.