Saturday, October 6, 2012

Marie Selby Botanical Gardens



I had planned a trip this time down here to Sarasota and the Marie SeIby Botanical Gardens.   Mike surprised me greatly by suggesting we make the trip together.  I was very happy to have his company for this outing.
We started in the conservatory, a room filled with orchidsDSCN2066

DSCN2068and humidity.

DSCN2069
The camera lens was very quickly fogged up, as were my glasses.  Beautiful, nevertheless!

DSCN2070
The gardens are relatively small in scope.  They said an average visit took two hours.  This represents a third of the bonsai exhibition.


DSCN2071
The fern collection
 
 
DSCN2072
DSCN2073
DSCN2076
DSCN2077
Epiphyte gardens over our heads
 
DSCN2078
I loved the posts with bits of poetry and watercolor like illustration.

Two hours and Mike was done.  I could have stayed much longer and will visit again sometime.

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful exhibits! Glad you enjoyed -- AND shared!
    Peace,
    Muff

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you shared these! They are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Mike is a good man. Is he ready to come fix my washing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very nice way to spend the day. This is a beautiful Botanical Garden.
    Glad you shared your awesome pictures with us and your day.
    Love
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would so love to see the Gardens!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.