Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Fluff

It was a fairly nice day and I got out to do some yard work.  Mike went off for his exercise walk.  When I finished in the yard, I noticed that he hadn't yet returned.  That was two hours for a 2 1/2 mile walk.  I got a bit worried and went to look for him.  I should have realized he would have stopped at a neighbors for a catch-up chat.

I decided to have a fruit and yogurt smoothie for lunch as a change of pace from the salads of the past three days.  I had the hardest time trying to find my blender.  This adjustment thing is going on a bit long this year.

I noticed while sipping my lovely blueberry-raspberry-mango smoothie that the color matched my raspberry-pink shirt.  Then, when I was washing the glass and blender I noticed I was using a raspberry colored dish cloth.  I am just so matchy-matchy today.

Note the cheery daffodils.  They are blooming beside south facing walls.  It is supposed to warm up over the weekend so I expect the yard will be decked out in yellow by next Monday.

I walked to the library and put in 4 hours of volunteer time.  Between that and finding my blender -- oh, and my bread knife, which is, oddly enough, hanging on a magnetic strip on the wall in plain sight --I am starting to feel like I am really home.

9 comments:

  1. You are really styling today!! Isn't that the truth about re-finding everything.... just like Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have been a bit lost in your own home, and experiencing weather shock too. I guess you'll get acclimated to both soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a busy little matchy bee. Other than remembering where things are, it seems like you are adjusting to home. The flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your day, your photo, and your adjustment forgetfulness - the smoothie looks good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess that is why I can never have two homes. The brief time when I was building this house and living here and elsewhere I was a total bag lady. Carried everything back and forth because I could never find what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never thought about the readjustment period of two homes. Makes sense.
    Hum, think I will have a smoothie for breakfast, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are adjusting! love the daffys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't move between two homes, and I still lose things! I would be quite hopeless as a snowbird.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smoothies are a great way to consume some berries but I hate washing the blender. the daffodils are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.