Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers' Day

I was looking at the weeding requirements of the yard--so many dandelions pop up. Even violets, which I love, are weeds in the lawn if you want to define weed as any non-grass growing where lawn should be. And lily-of-the-valley, by far my favorite smelling flower, are wandering out of their designated territory into where the lawn should be--making two of my all time favorite flowers "weeds." I'm thinking this way on Mothers' Day because my own mother always said that dandelions were her favorite flower. Dandelions are what are plentiful in May and my brother Richard always picked her a huge bouquet of cheery yellow blooms. I, of course, always picked bouquets of vilolets and lily-of-the-valley, which were, as I have mentioned my favorite flowers. This, perhaps, explains why I was not the favorite child of the four of us. Please, this is not paranoia--these things all come out when dementia takes full hold. And that's all okay. Happy Mothers' Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate readers' comments so much. You don't even always have to agree with me.